February 09, 2005

Letter Writing

The other day, I found this funky envelope that I had purchased some time ago for my son to send a letter to his Grandma in Australia. It was a thick square envelope with green foam head, legs and arms to make it look like a frog. So, yesterday, I had my son sit down and 'write' a letter to his Grandma. Then, he 'wrote' a letter to his Granny in England. We then took the letters to the post office to mail.

The whole thing excited him, and today, he wanted to write letters to his Grandma and Pop-pop here in Bermuda. We'll mail them later today.

Of course, his letters are only scribbled drawings with a note that I write, but it's encouraging to know that my son wants to tell his family that he loves them. I even try to get him to scribble in the cards I buy for his dad, from him, for the different holidays.

Hopefully, this letter-writing campaign will continue, and my little one will grow into a young man that is willing to pen his thoughts and send greetings of love and gratitude for those who provide him with so much love.

It's such an example to follow.

No comments: