January 19, 2006

Lego my eggo...

I'm developing a love-hate relationship with my son's favourite toy - Lego.

For Christmas, he received not one, but two, giant boxes filled with assorted Lego (actually Duplo blocks) pieces that I keep finding all over the house. You never know what you might step on in the dark when travelling from my bedroom, down the hall, to the boys' room to pick up a crying baby while half-asleep. They're also in my recliner, and worst of all, my bed!

The other night, my son was enjoying playing, building and creating while watching a movie in my bedroom (the only DVD player is there). We had a bit of a temper tantrum when it was time to pick up the 100 or so pieces off of my bed, so the two boxes were put aside and out of reach for a couple of days.

Tommy promised he had learned his lesson, so we gave them back. Needless to say, I found more Lego between the sheets...

No comments: