April 06, 2006

A new day...

It's so hard to believe it. I'm a working mom again.

And of course, now I have two little boys to shuttle around.

The job came up pretty quickly and almost unexpectedly. And they needed me to start right away because my new manager was about to go on maternity leave.

I'm doing the same thing that I used to do at that other paper, only, now, it really is easier because I have WAY less responsibility. I'm not doing everything anymore and I don't have to worry about leaving on time to go pick up the boys.

The hardest part about all of this is getting used to the schedule. That was only compounded by the fact that just days before I started, my hubby had a bike accident and fractured his wrist. So, of course, he's not really much use to me, especially when it comes to the chores around the house. He can run the bath for the oldest and do a few things, but, needless to say, our home looks like a hurricane hit it.

By the time I get home from work, I'm really too exhausted to do much more than the stuff that HAS to be done - make dinner, clean up the kitchen, make lunches for the next day, and iron my clothes if I have a chance. It's one big continuous cycle that never seems to end... Oh, well... at least it means a weekly paycheck that we didn't have before.

No comments: