April 24, 2006

Feeling mellow yellow

I'm feeling kind of mellow today. Not depressed, but certainly not what you might call happy. Somewhere in the middle.

I've not really had that much to do today. Kind of sitting around, tweeking stories, playing with ideas. Surprisingly, though, the morning went by fairly quickly.

I want to be creative, I feel the juices mixing, but there doesn't seem to be much output. Not sure where it's going to pop out, but, it better do soon. Maybe I should sit outside tonight with a notepad and doodle, write and just do whatever pours out on the page.

I was thrilled over the weekend to discover that one of my scrapbook layouts was selected as a grand prize winner in a contest. The funny thing was I really just threw it together at the very last possible minute before the deadline. Nevertheless, it was a nice feather in my hat.

I certainly feel like my scrapping is about to jump to the next level. I was looking at my online gallery the other day and just saw a huge transformation in the quality of my work. I've been spending a lot more time really looking at other people's work and asking questions about where some of the "pro" girls get their inspiration, how they do their work, and the like.

I've sort of re-started a crop night at church for the ladies and DH would like me to expand it, to try and get more outsiders to come. He's even thinking advertising. It'd be a lot of work, and, well, would require me to start my own business, pretty much, because I'd have to start bringing in products for the ladies to use - the available selection here is negligable at best.

Hopefully, I'll be able to break through this creative block soon.

No comments: