January 26, 2008

Here comes 2008!

Okay, the start of 2008 has come and gone and now it is practically February.

I have been busy - and it's more than just that I suck at this blogging thing. The last few months did get very hectic, especially with my work for the paper. In November and December, I was doing as many articles per month as some of the full-time writers, and then the boys and I went away for Christmas, leaving DH behind all alone.

It's not that we wanted to leave him, but with not being able to get much time off from the hospital, well... there is a world-wide nursing shortage, right?

Christmas was great - it was the first time in 16 years that I got to spend it with my mom. The last time we did was the Christmas before she moved to Australia! Anyway, she was able to fly to New Jersey for Christmas, and the boys and I joined her at my grandmothers. My brother and SIL live very close by, too, so it was great to be together again for Christmas.

The boys were thoroughly spoiled rotten, of course - they have never had a Christmas with my mom! Also, she hadn't seen the oldest since he was three and, well, had never met the baby before! So it was a great family reunion and we were so sad to all part ways at the end of the two weeks.

By now, you're probably wondering what was my big announcement way back in September. I was asked to join the Digital Creative Team at A Cherry On Top. It's been really awesome working with some amazingly talented ladies over there! They certainly have some of the best of the best digital designers offering their wares!

Things are starting to get back to normal around our house, finally, since Christmas is over. Tommy's doing brilliantly at school, and Jonathan's speech is improving daily. DH still works like crazy for all of us, and I'm doing my best trying to keep some extra income coming in with stories for the paper.

We've got some exciting things going on at our church right now, too. On February 16, we'll be hosting the Love of a Lifetime Scrap-A-Thon! The all day event is the first of its kind for Bermuda, and those attending will not only get to scrapbook and craft all day, the cost includes lunch, a tote-bag filled with goodies, two classes, contests, games and prizes, and a special message from one of the other ladies from the church. It is sure to be a wonderful day of fun and fellowship.

As the coordinator for the Women's Scrapbooking Ministry, I'm also planning this event, which is taking some time and energy, of course. It's so hard to believe it's only a few weeks away! But already, the number of people registered is looking so good!

No comments: