April 05, 2008

It suddenly hit me...

It suddenly hit me yesterday about how soon our move to England really is.

Our current landlord is hoping to renovate and expand our apartment, which makes perfect sense, but is waiting until we leave. Well, to make it "official" he gave us notice for the end of June, mistakenly thinking that we were leaving in June. Well, we're actually not leaving until the end of July - we want to stay in Bermuda for the summer ministries at church and give the boys a good chance to say goodbye to friends and family, instead of jumping on the plan as soon as Tommy finishes school.

So, it's only four months away. Gosh. I can't believe it. And I'm already surrounded by boxes. We've started clearing books off of shelves to pack and ship snail mail at book rate, because they're so heavy and that rate is so much cheaper.

Then there are the boxes of things we're going to get rid of in the house sales that are cluttering up my living room too.

To try and "help" myself through all this, I've been scouring the internet, looking at how I'm going to decorate our house in Fitzy, complete with photos and price information on each item for each room. I'm doing pretty well so far, except for the kitchen, which I really can't figure out what I want to do with...

I'm also reading a book I found aboard the Logos II book ship, called, "But Mom, I Don't Want to Move," or something like that. It was published by Focus on the Family. It's helpful, but a bit depressing as well...

No comments: