May 04, 2006

The big 3-0

So, here it is. The big 3-0.

In spite of the normal daily morning routine, I awoke with a small sense of excitement and wonder. It’s hard to believe that I’m actually 30; it’s even harder to believe that I’m actually starting my 4th decade…

My day has been relatively quiet, although DH went out and bought a ton of balloons, party hats, party masks, blowers and a birthday banner and decorated the living room. DS#1 thought it was just brilliant.

I made cupcakes to take to work today as well – chocolate cake with cream cheese icing and yellow cake with chocolate icing. I did make sure to keep a few at home for tonight, though.

I opened my cards from DH and the boys this morning. DH hasn’t bought my present yet – he’s still avidly shopping for it, trying to decide whether it’s better to buy the digital SLR camera here or bring it in from away.

When I got to work, I had a delivery of flowers from my parents.

Tonight, we’re planning on getting take-away and DH is taking me out for dinner tomorrow night. He’s even already arranged baby sitting! Now, if I could find something to wear.

I went shopping during my lunch hour, but didn’t have much luck in finding something I liked AND something that fit AND something that wasn’t too revealing. Will try a couple more stores tomorrow, so I can hopefully find something. Otherwise, I did find a top I liked, which I could get away with, but it really was a little too tight.

No comments: