April 14, 2008

I hate boxes...

Goodness - we're not moving for three months, yet there are already boxes everywhere! Empty, full, ready to ship, stuff to sell... They are everywhere...

And of course, there are those boxes of stuff we don't want that the kids keep pulling toys out of...

I feel like I'm living in the middle of a disaster area. Our house is Ground Zero, and probably will be for the rest of our time in Bermuda.

I've made contact with the school choice advice centre in Wakefield, so hopefully they can give us some direction with choosing schools for the boys. We've found three, but have really discovered that the best schools for each of the boys are different. So we'll just have to wait and see about that.

I've also made contact with the Yorkshire Post. They don't have any openings at the moment, but have told me where they advertise, so I'll have to keep watch. I've also contacted a Christian magazine and a couple of crafting magazines. So, we'll see...

This is such a struggle making this move. I'm doing as my husband wants - sorting through everything we own and packing it all up - but I have no peace at all about moving. I'm even extremely hesitant to put in the letter to Tommy's school saying he won't be there next September.

I really feel like I'm moving to this massive spiritual wasteland. I know that there are strong active believers in England, but it just seems hard to find them. There seem to be tons of activities for kids, but the emphasis on the Word of God seems lacking.

Pray that I may find a good Bible-believing, ministry outreaching church that has an active youth ministry with a focus on Bible teaching and scripture memorization.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Hi Sara, I know what you mean about making a big move like that. We want to do the same, but when it comes down do taking the kids out of the GREAT schools they are in, it really makes me think. I know everything will work out just fine for you!