February 10, 2009

It's only been 9 months...

since I last posted to this blog!

Well, maybe I'd better get better at it, since more people will likely be reading it from now on!

The family and I have been in England for about 6 months now, and it's been quite an adjustment, from just the weather, to the troubles with the youths in the neighbourhood. But, we are settling in, finally.

We've found a fantastic church, and are all involved in some way, shape or form. Andrew is playing guitar with the music team during the Sunday evening service, while I'm teaching Sunday School and helping with your youth club on Monday nights, which both boys attend.

Our Tommy is doing wonderfully in school, and absolutely loves his history class. They've been learning about the Plague and the Great Fire of London, and he's had his daddy searching the internet for more information.

Jonathan started school just a few weeks ago, and attends the nursery attached to the school in our village in the afternoons. He can't wait to go to school most days, and always greets me with, "Mommy, me hadda good day!" and a smile!

Andrew's settling in at his new job, but is definitely looking forward to having this week and next off on holiday. Next week is mid-term, so our plan is to travel south to Southampton to visit his sister for a couple of days, if the weather holds.

England has had the worst snow in 18 years, as well as flooding in parts. We've been okay - lots of snow and it's been very cold, but we're getting on!

I actually hope to be teaching soon - a scrapbooking class at a nearby garden centre, where I also go to a craft club. Everything looks just about ready to start, so just the final details need to be coordinated! I can't wait!

No comments: