June 01, 2006

Totally Chuffed: My Big News!

It feels like I’ve made it, or something… A few months ago, I would never have guessed that I’d be where I am now.

I’ve been scrapbooking for years, back when it was just a little hobby, long before it became the national pastime of women everywhere. I’ve always been drawn to paper – in stationery stores, card stores, craft stores – so it’s easy to explain what is now an obsession for me. But, it was still a ‘back-burner’ thing for me – something I wanted to do, but never had time for. That is, until I rediscovered one of my favourite scrapbooking websites – A Cherry On Top.

I had been shopping there for a couple of years, but I finally started getting involved with their message board around Christmas last year. Before very long, I discovered something very new to me, new, but equally enticing as paper – digital scrapbooking.

I did my very first layout in January and posted it to the gallery. I started trying my hand at it more and more. I scoured the internet for every free kit I could find and downloaded every one that I remotely liked. Then, ACOT started selling digital kits… WARNING WILL ROBINSON… DANGER… DANGER…

I played with it. I carefully studied other people’s layouts. I asked questions and looked for tutorials on how to do things on the computer that you would think could only be done with paper.

And now, I’m feeling pretty chuffed about my abilities. I was just asked to join the creative team of digital design company. I can’t wait – this is so exciting.

My dad’s response to the news was: “Who'd a thunk somebody could ever possibly become a "profeshunul" crapbooker! Gaah-lee!”

So, am I a “profeshunul”?? I don’t know, but this is going to be so much fun!

No comments: